The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Gotta Be the Shoes...

On January 1st I stopped by my faaavorite running store and bought a brand new pair of my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11s (I *heart* these shoes) on sale! Looks like the change in my foot strike and these shoes just don't mesh well. When I started running back in 2009, I was a traditional underpronator with some heel striking mixed in there. In an attempt to become a more efficient runner, I trained myself to become a midfoot/forefoot striker. Well it looks like I succeeded.

My favorite shoe in all the land doesn't offer much forefoot cushioning unfortunately. And with me plodding along for an average of 35 miles per week, the impact was reeking havoc on my left foot. So after EVEN MORE extensive research today, I've narrowed it down to me having metatarpalsalgia caused by my shoe. :(

So glad my running store gives you 90 days to return your shoe. I knew that you could risk injury from running in the wrong type of shoe, but I never really considered getting another gait analysis done to make sure that the shoe that you love still loves you back. Lesson learned.

Still icing...

No comments:

Post a Comment