The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mind over matter... or just a good TV line up


Today I ran 18 miles on the treadmill. Yes you read that right... EIGHTEEN MILES. Most people say they could never do that. Me? I'm a freak. If I have to do something, I'll do it. No questions asked, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. But it took some planning.

I know that I'm guilty of glancing at the treadmill display every .0056 seconds only to grimace in disgust when the treadmill takes 25 years to tick through the decimal points of a mile. So I came prepared with a towel to cover the display, a magazine to hold it all in place, and something interesting to watch on TV.

I watched a few shows and caught up on that new show, "An Idiot Abroad". I thought the title was befitting. What idiot would run 18 miles on a treadmill? One who forgot to order some Yaktrax. Even though Maryland gets snow pretty regularly in the winter months, there's always this "OMG! What do we do?!" factor that plagues the decision making when it comes to clearing and salting roads and sidewalks. That's the joy of living in the city. No where safe to run until the sun comes out to dry up all the patchy icy areas.

Oh well...somewhere Santa is smiling because one good little girl is actually getting some use out of her Christmas gift. Go me! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome is sometimes spelled "18 miles on a treadmill". :)

    ReplyDelete