The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Stupid Pseudo Injuries

I'm that person who gets injured or hurts herself in the dumbest ways possible. You know how doctors say "there's only 0.02% chance of that ever happening." Yep... I'm in that box labeled 0.02%.

So after knocking out my 17 miler two weeks ago, I felt great except for this annoying cramp in my left foot. I continued to run through the week and just let it go. I didn't feel like I was going to fall over on my face from pain, so I just kept running... but by Friday, the discomfort was a little more prevalent even when I wasn't running. I figured I wouldn't run on it for a couple of days before my 18 miler and it would be fine.

So after yesterday's epic 18 miler, it was ridiculously painful to put weight on my left foot. Now, the top of my foot is swollen and it looks like I'll have to pause on the running stuff. I'm icing it now and planning to get on the bike and do some weights for a few days until the swelling and soreness subsides.

I did my inch high private eye/self diagnosing that I do so well and found that I may have some minor metatarsal bruising going on caused by continuous high impact running. Great. Just great.






This blows... I'm just not physically built for this stuff but I guess I have one of those bodies that I have to beat into submission. It needs to learn that this endurance thing isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment