The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Training has hit a snag

I'm currently training for the Rock and Roll USA Marathon in March. Yesterday I was supposed to run 5 miles and tomorrow, I'm supposed to run 18. For the past week or so, I've had this annoying cramp in my foot that feels like some sort of sprang. I'm limping all through the house and hoping that rest will convince the annoying feeling to go away!

But at the same time, I'm reaching a mental lull. It's week 11 in my training and I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking "this run is soooooo long" in the middle of my mid-week runs (usually something in the 8 mile range) and at the beginning of the long run. I'm complaining, I know. I'm whining, I know. It happens. I'll get over it...but I just hate it when these moments hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment