The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another half marathon...and maybe a duathlon?

For somebody who is injured, I am so sure of myself. So sure, that I registered for the Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon!




Yep! It's scheduled for September 16th and I kinda registered on a whim. I was perusing Facebook and somehow lingered onto the Rock n Roll Marathon fan page (are they still called fan pages?) and read that they were having a Leap Day sale. They offered $29 off of any race (excluding Las Vegas, New York, and races in Europe) for the next 2 hours and 9 minutes. So the sale ended 10:09 a.m. PST or 1:09 EST. Last night, I was looking at the list and thinking about signing up for a full marathon just in case things fell apart for NYC. I shut down the browser without ever deciding or temporarily deciding on a location. Then when I saw this deal online, I figured it couldn't hurt to pick something nearby so I chose Philly!

After some bad race experiences in the past, I did do a little research before officially signing up. I did a little google search for race reviews and didn't see anything all that bad about the race so I signed up. Can't beat a half marathon for $56!

This baby will be mine!



THEN THIS ONE! *MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*





I've also been thinking about doing a duathlon. I found one in Westminster that seems simple enough... but due to it being in July, I may have to do some heat training to make sure I don't die. We'll see if I choose to do the du'... HA...*snort*...HAHAHA...I crack myself up. :)

2 comments:

  1. Can I comment??? We shall see!!

    I registered for all of my best races when I was injured last year!! HA! :) You're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did it! WOOOOOO!!! :)

      I hope things pan out well. Can't wait to hit the pavement...responsibly! lol

      Delete