The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Runner's Random Thoughts!

I'm supposed to be washing the dishes but I can't move. I have SO MANY random thoughts floating through my head and I just wanted to jot them down:

1. If I am released to run on March 17th, where do I begin with training for my spring races? Should I start with a 2 to 3 mile run during the week with a hopeful long run of 7 miles on March 24th?

2. Will 3 weeks be enough to adequately help me cross the finish line for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler?

3. Will I be able to finish with any resemblance of a respectable time for ANY of these races?

4. Should I register for some 5ks to help me build my pacing and to help me rebuild my confidence?

5. Did my confidence go anywhere? Will I know once I lace up my running shoes?

6. Should I just dedicate this year to conditioning and building my base for triathlons? That would be a crappy way to move on from running, wouldn't it?

7. Who said I had to move on from running?

8. What if I like biking or swimming more? Then what?

9. Should I make a list of other marathons to consider running just in case NY doesn't work out? Does it have to be a marathon of notoriety?

10. Why do injuries make you question everything? Is this normal? Maybe I'm obsessing.

HELP!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be JUST FINE. I promise. Because you already kick backside. This is just a tiny little speedbump that'll make you appreciate running that much more.

    ReplyDelete