The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Swim/Bike/Weights!

After one last cry at work, I decided it was time to move on to thinking positive about the next 6 weeks. The support on Dailymile and Twitter has been out of this world! So many people offered their sympathy for my bad news and others offered all kinds of GREAT advice. One person in particular told me what to do so I could ease right back into running again without missing a beat!

Swimming and biking and quality weight training are in my future... uhhh I guess it's my present now. This is how I'm planning to stay in shape for the next 6 weeks. I'm signing up for swim lessons at the local YMCA and biking on the stationary bike until I'm ready to head outside. I haven't swam in 17 years!!!! I'm not afraid of water and I think I can swim if I had to but it wouldn't be pretty...but I'm training to become a "tridoll" (ala @junk1600s and @TriMeOn) so I better learn how to do it right. I'll be the 29 year old with the paddle board :)

I'm saving up for this sweet bike!

'11 Trek 1.2 Compact


But in the meantime, I'm going to go to a big box store and just get a generic cruiser to get used to riding outside again. I haven't rode a bike outside since I was 12 (?) so yeah...it's been 17 years since I've done that too.

I know my recovery is only for 6 weeks but I'm planning to really do the right thing and incorporate quality cross training into my fitness plan. And how else will I accomplish my future goal of becoming a triathlete? Gotta start from somewhere!

I do miss running. It was hard to take down the reminder of my next race in my cubicle at work.


I like to post the course map to keep me focused on the distance. You probably can't tell because of my crappy camera, but I also wrote my projected finish time on there too! A hopeful 04:30:00...


And it was a hard reality to face that I will not be adding any more bibs to the "Wall of Inspiration" for the next couple of months...


but it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment