The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

So far to go...



My swim lessons are progressing and I'm still finding the time to bike. I'm also speed walking now...but honestly, if I ever want to take my endurance training to the next level, I have a long road ahead of me.


I'm a little discouraged right now. Why do I feel the need to set these goals for myself? I look around at other people and wonder why I can't be "normal" or "average" and be okay with exercising 2 times a week. I LOVE FITNESS!!! But at the level that I want to compete at, I need to practice strengthening and conditioning other muscle groups that I never had to really use before.

Putting together all of the moving parts for swimming is hard. I just want to do it...but I overthink it...then I get all stressed out about it...then I start screwing up. It's so frustrating. And biking can be tough too. I love it, but it feels like the bike is laughing at my quads and saying "you call THAT 'strong'? pfft!"

I miss running...it's my strong sport and it's something I know... I know I can do it well and I want to get back to it. When I have a tough day in the pool or a hard ride, I just want to lace up and go on a nice comfortable run.

Running is my strong sport!!!


With anything that's new, I just feel out of place. It's hard not to let those silly thoughts of self doubt creep in... I just started with all of these other sports. I guess I have to remember that I didn't just start out running 18-milers. It was an admirable feat if I ran 9 miles in one week only a couple of years ago. I have my work cut out for me, that's true. And if I really want to meet every goal, I have to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment