The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Swimming classes are coming to an end...

My seven weeks of swimming classes are coming to an end. We have about 2 or 3 weeks left and that's it! I can't swim in freestyle for more than one and a half strokes without coming up for air and spitting out water...BUT, on the plus side, I can float like a champ and complete TWO uninterrupted laps while doing the backstroke. That is progress, folks.

I can also dive (roll/dive) into the deep end and make my way to the 12.5 yd mark without freaking out and without the assistance of the lifeguard. Registration will be opening for the second session of aquatics classes soon and I have mixed feelings about registering for part 2 of my swim course.

I don't know if I'm ready to move to part 2, but I feel like I'm more advanced than the introductory level of part 1. So now I'm thinking about getting private lessons. Part of my anxiety and frustration comes with me feeling like the weakling in the class. I'm not as advanced as my classmates who can hold conversations while treading water and swim multiple laps in freestyle. However, I know I can do better if I had concentrated attention to help me tweak my form and correct minor mistakes that have kept me from building a completely solid base.

I only get four lessons with the private swim instructor option but it's four concentrated lessons. That might be more effective. We shall see...

2 comments:

  1. Sharing your swimming experience brought a big smile to my face Kay. I hope you have the time for another swimming class, and it would be fun to see you eventually get into a triathlon. Swim free sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement! I want to stick with it. I love making progress with any new challenge... we will see what the future holds! :)

      Delete