The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Monday, June 4, 2012

When Life Gets in the Way

It finally happened to me... events, time, circumstance, priorities, they all found me! Last week I didn't complete ONE workout...well, I made it to the pool to attend swim class but I don't really count that as a true workout. And on top of that, I left early!!

I've read posts on Dailymile, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc on how "life just got in the way and I didn't get in a run last week...yesterday...for a month" and I couldn't figure out how this could be. I mean, clearly all of us can carve out 30 minutes to run, go for a walk, or something. No excuses!! Well, let me tell ya', it happens. Even to us single folks with no kids...Work was on steroids last week. I had two major projects going on at the same time and they demanded ALL of my time and energy.

Even after work, I was either working on tasks that I didn't get into at work because I was consumed with other things or I was just dead tired. On top of that, I wasn't eating or sleeping well at all. Not eating for 12 hours and randomly waking up at 3:30 a.m. only to lie there for an hour before falling back into a deep sleep  then oversleeping is not the best way to start the day.

I was in a non-stop RUSH! But this week, things should get back to normal and I can get back into my routine of sleeping and eating regularly and WORKING OUT!!!! YESSSS!!!!

And I have a NEW TOY!! I finally bought a bike! I know! FINALLY, right?! I will write something about that a little later with pictures and the story of how it all went down. lol

Here's hoping for a more positive week with miles, meters, sets, and reps in between it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment