The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I HAZ SWIM SKILLZ!


Yep! My swimming is improving!! I asked the awesome Coach from PRS Fit Nation what I should do to become a more efficient swimmer. His answer: DRILLSSSSSS!!!!!!

After my first swim-bike-run workout, I felt like I had a better understanding of what I needed to work on in the water. I put together some organized workouts and my stroke has improved ten fold!! A typical workout includes:

2 x 100m kick drills
2 x 50m side kick drills
2 x 100m pull buoy drills
5 x 100m freestyle stroke

With each workout, I'm hoping to add another 100m to my freestyle distance. I can't believe I finally broke 1000m in the water! Can't wait until I swim 1000m in freestyle. That will be one major accomplishment I could be proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment