The Dream Star's Corner

Dare to Dream...and DO!
walk. run. fly.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Training with the Tri Club

I'm the type of person who is very comfortable with diving right in to figure things out and execute when taking on something new. But in the case of training for a triathlon, one thing is for certain, there are a LOT of moving parts - meaning there are THREE sports to prepare for, train in, and transition between. And that is something I knew early on wouldn't be easy.

So I joined a triathlon club. 

It's been great so far! I love having a group of people to workout with and share stories with. I also love that I'm a newbie! When I started running with others, I found that I was on the more experienced side of the spectrum. But this time around I'm the bright-eyed bushy-tailed newbie with lots of questions and it's great! I'm getting real answers from people who have been through a triathlon and are continuously training to meet new goals. 

Last week, I attended a hills workout (running) and hung out with other tri club members afterward. The run was led by a workout coordinator in the club. While we were waiting around for others to join in before the workout, she mentioned that she's afraid that she broke her toe earlier in the day and perhaps wouldn't be able to run full out or run at all! But as soon as we got started, she TOOK OFF! 

On top of that, she was the first to make it up every hill, and even met up with the stragglers (like myself) to coach us UP the hill in the 100 degree temps. AMAZING!!

I simply said "WOW! I wanna be that tough!" :)

Can't wait to workout with the crew some more in coming weeks!

2 comments:

  1. WOOT! Keep on being that awesome role model! Touchin lives everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete